Meet Ellen Chernoff Simon
- Ellen Chernoff Simon, M.ED., M.S., L.P.C, B.C.B, CA. is a Texas State board-licensed professional counselor, mind-body psychotherapist who has dedicated her life to empowering others to reduce stress & suffering, & to increase feelings of peace & happiness. Founder of The Zen Den a private practice that honors the mind body and spirit utilizing guided imagery, hypnotherapy, biofeedback and neurofeedback as tools.
She utilizes an integrative mind/body system that includes neurofeedback, biofeedback, medical hypnosis and aromatherapy.
Ellen is the founder and president of Imadulation LLC and The Zen Den, formerly The Stress & Happiness Center of Dallas.
“It is my intention to relieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual suffering by supporting your own healing of the body/mind connection. This is done by guiding YOU, to connect to your own inner wisdom.
It is my purpose and mission to provide readily available tools that serve to empower each individual to reconnect to an inner source of peace and strength. This power is ever present, ever renewing and serves to connect each person to that which is true and loving and good and is woven through all of life.
Enter the den of your mind and connect to your creative imagination which has the power to heal the mind, the body, the spirit, and ultimately our relationship with our own self and others.
In addition to therapeutic services, I offer supportive products to empower the mind body connection to aid in the relief of suffering, enhance the experience of happiness, and ultimately energize the power of personal transformation.
These supportive products are crafted with intention, compassion and love for humanity (and Mother Earth).
I recognize that we are all a work in progress.
These targeted solutions are based on over twenty years of clinical experience treating individuals suffering from Addiction, Anxiety, Pain, Stress, Sleep Disorders and Trauma.
My vision is based on a firm belief that long-term success is a result of a genuine commitment to the personal, professional, and spiritual development of every individual.
- Ellen is Board Certified in Biofeedback and is a senior fellow with the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance; a Fellow of the Academy for Integrative Pain Management; Academy for Guided Imagery, Certified Imagery Guide; Academy for Guided Imagery, Clinical member of the American Psychotherapy & Medical Hypnosis Association; Member American Academy of Hypnoanalysts, Certified Aromatherapist and member of NAHA, National Holistic Aromatherapy Association, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist with ASCH, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, approved consultant.
- Ellen is trained and certified in Nia® Moving to Heal, a somatic integrative dance practice. Nia combines martial arts, healing arts and dance arts to integrate and heal the mind body and spirit. She has earned a blue belt in Nia and currently leads dance events in the community with wellness organizations and at Juvenile detention centers in the community.
- She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin, and earned two masters degrees from the University of Memphis, formerly Memphis State University. She is married and the mother of five children, and her own children have listened to her pre-recorded audio programs to prepare for testing, improve sleep, manage stress, and more.
- Ellen has authored over 25 audio titles to support the major health issues individuals face. She additionally has crafted unique essential oils blends for: pain/tension relief, stress relief, enhanced sleep, uplifted mood, improved focus and to enhance beautiful skin. These are found on com
- In her spare time, Ellen enjoys being with her family, her dogs, being outdoors in nature, dancing, reading, watching movies, and meditating.
Ellen has a private practice in Dallas, TX, where she offers the following services:
Psychotherapy, biofeedback, alpha/theta neurofeedback and Neuroptimal brain training, Thought Field Therapy, hypnosis for overcoming habits, i.e. weight loss, smoking cessation analytical hypnotherapy, interactive guided imagery, meditation, cognitive behavioral therapy, personalized self -hypnosis audio CD’s, MP3’s, and on Playaway, and aromatherapy, (including custom personal blends). Guided Imagery & hypnotherapy can help you access your inner wisdom and support the body’s natural ability to heal. Biofeedback is a tool that facilitates awareness of subtle changes in your physiology so that you learn greater control over your response to life. Aromatherapy helps support your desirable state.
Biofeedback and neurofeedback serves to enhance the mind body connection: Heart rate variability is a powerful tool for stress management and physiological balance; Alpha theta neurofeedback, a brain wave training approach for deeper states of relaxation that may help to release addictions & unwanted behaviors, Neuroptimal neurofeedback,an approach to aid transformation and self-realization.
“I believe a holistic mind body approach is the most effective way to realize change. It is my intention to empower my clients to experience their innate wisdom and inner peace. I specialize in treatment for Stress Related Symptoms, Weight loss, Pain Disorders, Anxiety, Panic, Relationship Healing, Spiritual release and health. Author of over 25 CD titles addressing the major health issues of our country, featured on diet.com as a regular contributor. Audio recordings are available on my website www.imadulation.com and are complimentary with your individual sessions. Personalized recordings are an optional part of your in person session at no additional cost.
Guided Imagery & hypnotherapy can help you access your inner wisdom and support the body’s natural ability to heal. Biofeedback is a tool that facilitates awareness of subtle changes in your physiology so that you learn greater control over your response to life. Aromatherapy helps support your desirable state.
I offer biofeedback and neurofeedback to enhance the mind body connection: Heart rate variability is a powerful tool for stress management and physiological balance; Alpha theta neurofeedback, a brain wave training approach for deeper states of relaxation that may help to release addictions & unwanted behaviors, Neuroptimal® neurofeedback, an approach to aid transformation and self- realization. “
- Years in Practice: 24 Years
- School: University of Memphis M.S., M. Ed. 1981
- School: University of Texas at Austin
- BA 1978
- License: Texas State Board Licensed Professional Counselor #14751 Texas
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapy/ American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Senior Certified Biofeedback Therapist, Biofeedback Certification Inst. / B4317
- Certified Aromatherapist, Aromahead Institute
- Certified: MASER Trauma energy therapy
- Certified Thought Field Therapy
- Fellow of the Academy for Integrative Pain Management
- Certified Imagery Guide; Academy for Guided Imagery
Certified, Nia Moving to Heal, Blue belt
- Clinical member of the American Psychotherapy & Medical Hypnosis Association
- Member American Academy of Hypnoanalysts
- Member of NAHA, National Holistic Aromatherapy Association
Cost per Session: $120
Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: Mastercard, Visa. American Express, HSA, Zelle, Venmo, PayPal